June 22, 2013

Focus on Life Week 25 - You are....

This week our prompt was:  'You Are...'  fill in the blank with 'the positive reinforcement YOU deserve'. 

I am a very giving person in fact I will do for others long after I should stop and look after myself.  I am married to a wonderful man and we celebrated our 38th anniversary last December.


I am creative and for me it fulfills me.  I have to do something creative every day or I feel incomplete. 


I am a grandmother to five.  Three boys and two girls.  They are the love and joy of my life.


I am a mother to a son and daughter.  They make me so proud not just because of what they do but who they have become as a person.  

I have a wonderful daughter-in-law  Kathy  so we are both Kathy Gales.


Shadow form shows strength

I am capable and determined - I feel like I can do anything I set my mind to.  One of my big accomplishments was getting my pilot's license just before I turned 50!  I am more proud of that than anything else.

                                                                              The proud day I became a pilot June 20, 2002
Right now we are experiencing floods and devastation in the southern part of Alberta - the beautiful province where I live.  My heart and prayers go out to all the people who have lost their homes and are displaced.  I am fine where I live but so much has been destroyed by this natural disaster.  

 Thank you for stopping by once again and please take a look at what others have done at The Studio Sublime

13 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

A MASSIVE WOW ON THAT ONE. WELL DONE

Diana Taylor said...

What an amazing achievement - you get the prize for biggest WOW of the week! Love the photo of your shadow - it's a very strong image for this weeks challenge. Thanks for sharing who you are!

Beti Horvath said...

Congratulations on following your dream...and catching it!

Shel said...

What an awesome achievement! Congrats. Love your photo of strenth, too. My thoughts and prayers are going out to those affected by flooding in your area!

Unknown said...

You have accomplished so much to be proud of. Congrats. Praying for your neighbors.

Mary K. McGraw said...

What a positive affirmation to who you are.

Annette said...

What an incredible accomplishment! It definitely takes determination to earn a pilots license. Good for you!

Empty nester at last said...

Awesome job mom/grandma. I know that compared to that, getting your pilots license was a piece of cake! Keep soaring girl, it can only get better!

Islandgirl said...

I got my pilot's licence when I was 21 I was working in the NWT and some of the pilot's weren't very good.. I thought being able to take over might come in useful.. never happened.

I have a friend that was moving back to Canmore from Edmonton on Thursday they got turned around at Kananaskis. I hope their house in Canmore survives as they've sold their Condo in Edmonton.

CraftyHope said...

You have totally accomplished so much and you are also an inspiration! Sending prayers to your area.

brokenteepee said...

Congratulations on flying. How exhilarating. I have read about the floods up there. I hope it all calms down.

Ema Kilroy said...

How wonderful to get your pilots license! You are so many wonderful things. I pray for you and yours through the difficult flooding.

Christine Altmiller said...

I am so glad I stopped by to read about YOU...wonderful YOU!!! Congrats on your pilot's license! That is a really big deal...my family's business was aviation and it is not for the faint of heart. Do you get to fly often?
Weather has been severe this past year. I am sorry where you live has been so deeply affected as well. Thinking of you all. Mother Nature needs to calm down.